CARMAX Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition in Richmond, Virginia
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
As a Senior Recruiter, you will support multiple business areas from our Corporate Home Office and CarMax Auto Finance divisions in finding and attracting the talented individuals we need to run our business and serve our customers. You will work with a team of Corporate Recruiters and our larger Talent Acquisition organization to help tell the story of CarMax and our Values: Put People First, Do the Right Thing, Win Together, and Go for Greatness.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
Execute and support the full life cycle recruiting process including, but not limited to:
• Understanding the position requirements of assigned roles and identifying relevant talent
• Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies; proactively sourcing and identifying passive & non-passive candidates for corporate teams with a strong focus on networking, relationship building and the use of the most up-to-date recruiting technologies
• Schedule and conduct phone interviews on prospective candidates
• Proactively drive the coordination of the on-site interview process
• Build effective partnerships with hiring managers to influence hiring decisions, and serve as their primary point-of-contact through the CarMax recruiting process
• Advise CarMax hiring managers regarding the interview/hiring process to ensure fair and consistent candidate selection methods
• Accurately manage candidates through the recruiting workflow in applicant tracking systems
• Attend and participate in job fairs, outplacement events, college recruiting and/or other externally sponsored recruiting as needed
Purpose of the role
As a self-starter, you’ll always be busy and never stop learning in our fast-paced environment supporting the growth of our CarMax team. Everyone’s contribution counts in delivering a great experience for customers and that starts with providing an iconic experience to our candidates, so your attention to detail and team skills will be highly valued. You’ll benefit from being part of a team that respects and shares experience and knowledge. We’ll bring out the best in you as you bring in the best to our team.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of 3 years of full life cycle recruiting experience required. Experience recruiting in a corporate environment preferred.
• Previous experience administering multiple processes at a time while meeting required deadlines
• Ability to set and manage one’s own priorities, and adjust to change with direction from your manager
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate in a clear and timely fashion over the phone, through email and/or face-to-face meetings
• Proven track record of successfully building and maintaining strong relationships
• Understanding of how to execute a sourcing strategy or plan required
• Experience with a range of recruiting channels
• Four-year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.