CARMAX Manager, Customer Experience Center in Norcross, Georgia
7970 - Atlanta CEC - 5707 Peachtree Parkway, Norcross, Georgia, 30092
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The eOffice plays a critical role in the CarMax Sales process by supporting inbound and phone sales traffic and effectively managing sales leads. The Virtual Sales Manager delivers an unrivaled customer experience through ingraining Professional Selling Principals with associates (primarily Virtual Sales Consultants), coaching world class sales professionals, and working as a team with peers, CarMax locations, and Management to best serve our customers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Associate Coaching and Development
• Train and develop associates, primarily Virtual Sales Consultants, in effective selling skills and use of Professional Selling Principals
• Complete call reviews and activity audits to identify opportunities for improvement, ensure compliance with policies and standards, and provide frequent coaching and feedback
• Effectively evaluate associate performance and provide feedback through month end reviews, annual performance reviews and informal feedback
• Oversee and/or conduct associate technical/sales training and educate associates regarding CarMax philosophies
• Create, track and process incentives to motivate associates to achieve business goals
Manage the Sales eOffice
• Maintain a high level of accessibility and visibility within the department to help motivate, answer associate questions and monitor productivity
• Monitor and plan for timely response to customer inquiries via all channels (phone, web, e-mail)
• Effectively manage the team to meet business objectives
• Maintain product and company knowledge (i.e., CarMax products, types of vehicles that would meet customer needs, financing options, titles and extended service policies)
• Resolve escalated customer issues and where necessary, work with other store departments and other CarMax stores to resolve customer questions/issues
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including sales licensing regulation
• Utilize store systems to monitor relevant customer and vehicle activity within CarMax stores
Prepare the eOffice Team for Growth and Success
• Develop and conduct effective team meetings and planning sessions
• Build strong relationships with store associates through open communication and feedback
• Analyze historical data and utilize information to create individual and departmental goals
• Effectively manage positive associate relations
• Evaluate staffing needs and create department schedules
• Recruit, interview, make selection decisions, and extend employment offers
• Assist with the development, implementation and execution of new processes
• Effectively review, discuss and present team results to CarMax Sr. Managers
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to multitask in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent processes and projects.
• Ability to motivate, manage, and develop full-time and part-time Associates.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including state vehicle salesperson regulations where applicable.
• Speak and listen effectively in dealing with associates and customers in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to train associates on how to use professional selling principles to educate and influence customers.
• Ability to effectively communicate via email at a business appropriate level to include reading and professionally responding in writing.
• Ability to identify problems and use sound judgment in resolving or escalating as needed.
• Ability and desire to work in a strong team based environment.
• Ability to successfully complete state licensing requirements.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree, or equivalent or 4 years related experience.
• Strong PC skills and working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Basic typing skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both customers and managers via phone and e mail.
• Pleasant but noisy office environment.
• Non manual work that may require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays.
• Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while working in the store.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.